The gunman who killed three people at a US naval base in Pensacola, Florida, is a Saudi student, officials say.
The suspect, a Saudi military member in training at the site, was shot dead after the attack in a classroom.
The local sheriff’s office confirmed eight others were injured in the attack. The shooter used a handgun.
It is the second shooting to take place at a US military base after a US sailor shot dead two workers at the Pearl Harbour military base on Wednesday.
Authorities were alerted to the shooting at the base on the waterfront southwest of Pensacola at 06:51 (12:51 GMT).
“Walking through the crime scene was like being on the set of a movie,” said Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan.
Two officers were shot in the limbs but are expected to recover.
“Obviously the government of Saudi Arabia needs to make things better for these victims,” said the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis.
“I think they’re going to owe a debt here, given that this was one of their individuals,” he added.
An investigation was taking place and names of victims would not be released until next of kin had been notified, the US Navy said in a statement.
President Donald Trump tweeted that he had received a full briefing.
“My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families during this difficult time,” he wrote.
According to its website the naval airbase, which is still in lockdown, employs more than 16,000 military and 7,400 civilian personnel.