National

Egypt reports 13 new coronavirus cases, one new death

Please Share This Story!

Egypt’s Ministry of Health announced on Thursday that a 60-year-old Egyptian woman from Daqahliya governorate passed away after contracting the coronavirus and that 13 new cases of the virus have been discovered.

In a detailed statement, the ministry said that the 60-year-old woman was admitted to Mansura Chest Hospital suffering from acute pneumonia on Wednesday morning. She was administered a PCR test and tested positive for the coronavirus on Wednesday evening.

The statement said that she was transferred to a quarantine hospital but passed away on Thursday.

The 13 new patients are three foreigners and 10 Egyptians, including the woman who passed away on Thursday.

Egypt’s death toll from the coronavirus, which was declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation on Wednesday, is two patients.

The first patient was a German tourist who passed away on 8 March in Hurghada after a week of his arrival to Egypt and spending three days in Luxor.

The ministry’s statement said that the total number of confirmed coronavirus cases in the country has reached 80, including 20 patients who have fully recovered and checked out of the hospital.

The 13 new coronavirus cases include six who showed no symptoms and had contracted the virus after coming into contact with people who previously tested positive.


Please Share This Story!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *